Why You Should Consider a Career in Roofing
- Roofing is one of the most recession resilient trades!
- Roofs must be replaced or repaired regardless of the economy.
- Roofers can work year round, even in winter months.
- Roofers can work nationally and overseas.
- Math skills are not a necessity, as in many other building trades.
- New advances in roof technology have reduced physical requirement with mechanical tools.
- Roofers typically work Monday through Friday. In the busy months Saturday’s are used for a makeup
- The views are fantastic from the roof! Every roofer has a corner office with a view!
If You’re not a Union Roofer – Consider Becoming One
- Pension: Workers can currently retire in their mid 50’s, providing they have 30 years of service.
- Excellent health insurance; including vision and dental.
- Advancement opportunities: roofers, estimators, drivers, yard workers, mechanic and service positions.
- Journeyman roofers earn about $34 per hour.
- The apprentice school is free. Classes are held in the evenings.
- Roofers can freely move between contractors who have work.
- Roofers are paid/reimbursed for travel outside of the tr-county area.
- Roofers must have transportation.
- Roofers must be able to pass a drug screening test.
- Roofers must be at least 18 years old.
Session:2:30 - 3:15PM | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27th
8-8:45AM | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28th
11-11:45AM | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29th
LIVE CHAT: Skilled Trades Apprenticeship Coordinators and University Construction Management Faculty
Attend the Session